Smelly feet can really put a damper on your social life because you’re constantly avoiding situations where you take your shoes or socks off around others because the smell can be atrocious. (A situation that arises quite often).
Luckily there are products that can help with this.
Specifically, antibacterial soaps that are used in places like hospitals where a premium is placed on cleanliness and being bacteria-free.
One such antibacterial soap that we are going to discuss today is the ultra-popular and super-effective Hibiclens.Get it now at Amazon.com
Bromodosis: The Medical Term For Smelly Feet
There is actually a name for smelly feet caused by sweat or bacteria: bromodosis. Naturally, people with bromodosis want to find ways to get rid of their smelly feet. One such way is to use soap, specifically an antibacterial soap known as Hibiclens. If you are not familiar with Hibiclens, we are going to go over what it is, what the ingredients are, how to use it, and what the benefits are.
What Is Hibiclens?
Hibiclens is a well-known brand of antibacterial soap. You’ve no doubt seen antibacterial soap in the store before — and maybe even tried some on your smelly feet — but that stuff is nowhere near as powerful as Hibiclens.
To give you an idea of how powerful, it’s what many hospitals use to disinfect patients and doctors before surgery. So, to say it kills bacteria is a bit of an understatement. It’s not the type of soap you use when you are washing up for dinner, instead, it is the type of soap you use when you really want to disinfect an area and kill some nagging bacteria.
This is why doctors recommend that people with bromodosis use Hibiclens since it is so effective at killing the bacteria that is causing the feet to give off an unpleasant odor.
Hibiclens Soap Ingredients
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate – This is the main ingredient in Hibiclens that gives it it’s antibacterial properties. Chlorhexidine gluconate is a chemical with well-known antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It is used all over the world in a variety of disinfectants, soaps, and other products used to kill bacteria. Most hospitals use this ingredient to help sterilize open wounds, kill bacteria in the mouth, and treat infections.
- Fragrance – Additive giving Hibiclens it’s pleasant odor.
- Gluconolactone – Gluconolactone is composed of multiple water-attracting hydroxyl groups, which hydrate the skin, resulting in enhanced degrees of moisturization and protecting skin from some of the damaging effects of UV radiation.
- Isopropyl Alcohol – Although you might not recognize the name, you have no doubt heard of this ingredient before and have probably used it. Isopropyl alcohol, commonly sold under the name “rubbing alcohol,” is another major ingredient in a bunch of disinfectants and antiseptics. It is also commonly sold on its own, where it is used to disinfect minor cuts and wounds.
- Lauramine Oxide – Lauramine Oxide is an Amine N-oxide, an active component primarily found in shampoo, bubble bath and hand soap thanks to its foam building properties.
- Poloxamer 237 – Poloxamers help other ingredients to dissolve in a solvent in which they would not normally dissolve. They also clean the skin and hair by helping water to mix with oil and dirt so that they can be rinsed away.
- Purified Water – No explanation necessary.
- Red 40 – Color dye giving Hibiclens it’s red color.
What Is Hibiclens Soap Used For?
For the purposes of this article, we are looking at Hibiclens from the perspective of what it can do to help fight bacteria in the foot region. But, it has a wide variety of uses outside of that. Hibiclens is a general disinfectant, so it can be used on the hands or any other area of the body. It can also be used to sterilize wounds to protect from infections.
You may be wondering how Hibiclens helps your feet. After all, if you have sweaty feet a disinfectant is not going to help you in that regard. See, the sweat is not what causes the smell, rather it is the bacteria that feeds on the sweat. Hibiclens is useful for killing that bacteria.
How To Use Hibiclens Soap For Feet
Using Hibiclens is easy. Simply get a basin, (you can use a home foot spa if you want), but a simple tub of water works just as well. Fill the basin with water, get your feet wet, then apply the Hibiclens to your feet. Using something like a cloth to spread the Hibiclens over your feet is recommended. Make sure you get it everywhere, on the bottom of the feet, in between the toes, under the nails, etc. Once the soap is applied to your feet, let it sit for a few minutes. After 3 or 4 minutes, wash the soap off your feet.
You should repeat this process twice a day, once in the morning and once before going to bed. Depending on your lifestyle, you may want to try and do it once more in the afternoon or at mid-day if for some reason your feet become sweaty during the day. After a week or so, you should start to see (well, technically smell) a real improvement in your feet. The soap is extra effective if combined with regular use of something like foot powder, which also helps fight infections.
Benefits Of Using Hibiclens Soap For Feet
The most obvious benefit of using Hibiclens is that it will keep your feet from stinking, meaning you no longer have to worry about taking your shoes off around other people.
Also, unlike many other foot treatments like creams and powder, you do not have to sit there in discomfort while the product does its work. Sure, cream eventually dries and powder is not a big issue, but it is still nice that Hibiclens does not require you to walk around with anything on your feet.
Finally, there is very little disruption to your daily life. You can easily apply Hibiclens before or after your morning shower and at night while watching television.
There are a couple variations of Hibiclens available, but for the purposes of this review we are going to be looking at a 32-ounce bottle on Amazon. It currently has over 1000 reviews, with an average of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
The reviews are overwhelmingly positive and back up much of what was said throughout this article. People seem genuinely pleased with the soap’s ability to kill bacteria that cause feet to smell. People also acknowledge that it works on other parts of the body, like the armpits and the hands. Some people have even reported that it helps them get rid of staph infections.
Who Should Use Hibiclens Soap?
For starters, anyone who wants clean feet (or other body parts) should consider picking up some Hibiclens. After all, if it’s good enough for hospitals, it is clearly good enough for your home.
Anyone suffering from bacterial infections on their feet should consider picking up a bottle of Hibiclens. It’s easy to use and clearly, as this article and the many positive reviews have shown, it is incredibly effective.
If you don’t want to use other antibacterial products like creams or powders, then Hibiclens is a great alternative. If you are having issues with bacteria, but are still unsure about whether to use Hibiclens, talk to your doctor about it. Chances are that they will wholeheartedly recommend you use it.
Hibiclens Soap Alternatives
If for some reason you can’t get your hands on Hibiclens, there are some alternatives you can use. Personally, we feel that the best alternative is to go with a product called Hibiscrub. This has many of the antibacterial properties of Hibiclens, is well reviewed on Amazon, and is also very popular in hospitals.
Hibiclens Soap For Smelly Feet
If you’re looking for an easy and effective product to get rid of annoying foot bacteria, give Hibiclens a try. It’s a low-risk, high-upside method for treating smelly feet that has been proven to work for thousands of odor-free people.Get it now at Amazon.com